Per apple ring, 3-4 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 cup Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Condimento
- Any mild ultra premium olive oil such as Arbequina, Cobrancosa, or Athinoelia
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon and blend well.
- Stir in milk and eggs, just until combined.
- Add the Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic.
- Gently fold in the apple rings.
- Heat oil on medium high in a deep skillet (about 1-1/2 inches deep) until a small drop of water placed in oil sizzles.
- Slowly add the batter covered apple rings. (Too much dough and the fritter won't cook in the center.)
- Cook until brown, about 2 minutes, then flip over and cook another 1-2 minutes. Continue cooking until all the apple slices are cooked.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Plate the rings and sprinkle with powdered sugar.