For the Vegetables
- 3 1/2 lb. golden potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 4 small onions, cut into 1/4-in. wedges
- 4 tbsp. Favolosa extra virgin olive oil
- 12 sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 1/2 lb Bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Favolosa olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp. whole-grain mustard (or try a Murphys Mustard selection, call for inquiries today!)
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Heat oven to 450°F. For vegetables: On a rimmed baking sheet, toss onions and potatoes with oil, thyme, and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer half to another baking sheet and coat with caraway seeds. Arrange the potatoes with cut sides down and roast both sheets until golden brown and tender, about 25 to 30 minutes (rotating sheet positions halfway through). Set vegetables without caraway seeds aside and let cool slightly before refrigerating for other use.
- While vegetables are roasting, heat another skillet on medium heat. Season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Cook chops until golden brown and just cooked through (about 7 to 9 minutes per side); Plate the pork chops.
- Drain off and discard any fat in the skillet and return to high heat. Add cider, mustard, and thyme simmer on high until slightly thickened and glistening (about 5 to 6 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Toss caraway vegetables with sauerkraut and parsley and serve with pork chops and pan sauce.