- NOTE: Tamarind concentrate can be purchased at Indian and Latin grocery stores.
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Marinated Chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs, skinned.
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind concentrate dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- 2 Tablespoons Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- To prepare the dipping sauce, combine the dissolved tamarind with the fish sauce, lime, garlic, chile, Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil, sugar and water in a small bowl.
- In a mini food processor, process the cilantro, fish sauce and pepper to a coarse puree. Coat the chicken with the marinade. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or light a grill. Rub the chicken with some Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil and rub the grill with an oiled paper towel.
- Grill the chicken over moderately high heat, turning until charred, about 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until cooked, or continue grilling at a low temperature until done.
- Just before serving, stir the cilantro in the dipping sauce and serve with the chicken.