- 4 lbs. russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup Butter Olive Oil
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 3 cloves garlic (optional), peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes and place in cold salted water.
- Add potatoes and garlic, if using, and cook uncovered 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Add Butter Olive Oil to potatoes and begin mashing. Pour in milk/cream a little at a time while using the potato masher until potatoes reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve while still hot.