- 1/3 cup (3 oz) chopped green chile poblano
- 1/3 cup (3 fl. oz) thick cream (crème fraiche)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) grated queso manchego (or Monterey Jack or medium-sharp Cheddar cheese)
- In a blender, puree the chile with the cream. Add salt to taste and heat the sauce in a small pan over medium heat. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper to the eggs and beat lightly. Melt the butter in a small skillet. When it is hot, add the eggs. When the edge of the eggs can be lifted easily, place the cheese on one side, roll up and cook until the cheese begins to melt. If the egg starts to brown, lower the heat. Place on a plate and cover with the hot chile cream.
- Note: This recipe is easily tripled or quadrupled. The omelets can be made in advance, covered with the poblano sauce and baked in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.