For sauce 5, for sandwiches 10 minutes
For sauce 8, for sandwiches 10 minutes
- Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 large eggs yolks
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce and dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Chemlali Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Four 1/4-inch thick slices of Canadian bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 pickled jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- Classic Hollandaise Sauce (recipe above)
- 1 Tablespoon snipped chives
- For the Hollandaise Sauce
- In the top of a stainless steel double boiler, set over the bottom pot filled with 2 inches of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks with the cold water and salt until warm to the touch.
- Slowly pour in half of the melted butter. whisking constantly until well-mixed. Continue whisking in the remaining melted butter until the sauce is thick and emulsified.
- Whisk in lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire and serve warm.
- For The Sandwich
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the Organic Chemlali Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the onion and cook over high heat until softened (about 4 minutes). Add the diced Canadian bacon and cook until lightly browned (about 2 minutes).
- Add the olives, jalapeños, and tomato and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and scramble, just until set (about 2 minutes).
- Add the Gruyère and stir just until melted. Season with the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange the toasted English muffins on 4 plates. Spoon the scrambled eggs on the muffins and top with the hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.