- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1-1/4 cups Blood Orange Olive Oil (Be sure to use a citrus or fruit flavored olive oil. The flavor of plain olive oil is not suitable for cupcakes.)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 24 cup mini-muffin tins or use cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: milk, oil, eggs, orange peel, juice, and liqueur until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Fill each cupcake with about 1/4 cup batter and bake for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then transfer cupcakes from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, and enough water to make glaze just slightly runny but still thick. Drizzle over tops of cooled cupcakes.