- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta (ear shape)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Basil Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- Add the goat cheese to the pasta and toss for about 2 minutes and then pour into a warm serving bowl.
- Place pepper mixture into a food processor and finely chop. With the motor running, drizzle in oil until you've reached a smooth consistency. Transfer mixture into a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta until tender yet al dente, about 6-8 minutes. Drain the pasta well and add to the sweet pepper puree.
- Adjust the seasonings and set aside to cool.
- Add the sherry vinegar, salt, and pepper, reduce the heat to medium, and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- In a 12-14 inch saute pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of Basil Olive Oil over high heat until almost smoking. Add the red and yellow peppers and saute over high heat for 4 minutes until browned at the edges and softened.