- 2 pounds red new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 strips bacon
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- Add potatoes and garlic to a medium pot and fill with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by an inch. Season with salt and bring water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel to drain. Roughly chop and reserve.
- Drain potatoes and garlic and place them back in the pot with the cheese, heavy cream, butter and chopped bacon. Roughly mash, adding more cream if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil.