- Sweetened whipped cream
- 12-16 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 16 cups)
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup Ultra Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (15-oz) packages refrigerated piecrusts or 4 9-in home-made crusts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Bake 15-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Stir together peaches, flour, nutmeg, and 3 cups of sugar in a large pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon half of the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Unroll 2 piecrusts. Sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar over 1 piecrust; top with other pie crust. Roll to a 14x10-inch rectangle. Trim sides to fit baking dish. Place pastry over peach mixture in dish.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Unroll remaining 2 piecrusts. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/4 cup pecans over 1 pie crust. top with remaining piecrust. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 1-inch strips, using a fluted pastry wheel. Spoon remaining peach mixture over baked pastry. Arrange pastry strips over peach mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.