- freshly gound black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, choppped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Milanese Gremolata or Fused Whole Fruit Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 5 oz. Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 head leaf lettuce torn in bite-size pieces
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir in 1/4 cup of sugar together with the nuts. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the nuts. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool and break into pieces.
- Put the lettuce, pears, the roquefort cheese, and green onions in a large serving bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with walnuts, mix together, and serve.