Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Pickled Green Papaya
A Vinegar Recipe
- 4 cups shredded green papaya
- 1 lb. brown sugar
- 2 cups Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 6 sticks of cinnamon
- Wash, peel, and seed papayas. Cut into thin slices or shred with a food processor. Boil sugar, vinegar and spices for 10 minutes. Add papaya. Boil together until the papaya is tender.
- Remove papaya and boil syrup 10 minutes longer. Add papaya and bottle it to use as a snack or to accompany a meat dish. Better yet, use it in your favorite green papaya salad recipe.
- Note: This recipe is loosely based on one from a cook book published in 1882 by The Fort Street Church of Honolulu.