- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate Balsamic Condimento
- 3 Tablespoons Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, cut into small strips or pieces or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- One 12 oz. package mixed salad greens
- 1 cup mixed berries (optional)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- In a small saucepan, bring Pomegranate Balsamic Condimento to a boil; boil gently uncovered until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat. Set to side.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken slices in 1 Tablespoon hot olive oil over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, turning a couple of times. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil, onions, dried oregano (if using), salt and pepper to skillet. Cook until the onion is just tender. stirring occasionally.
- Stir in reduced Pomegranate Balsamic Condimento, bring to boil, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and, if using fresh oregano, stir that in at this point.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken slices, balsamic condimento mixture, mixed berries, pomegranate seeds, and toasted nuts until thoroughly mixed. Lightly mix in the mixed salad greens and serve immediately.