- 4 bone-in thinly sliced pork chops
- 4 Tablespoons Ultra Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16-oz) jar of green salsa
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups of water
- DIRECTIONS FOR PORK CHOPS
- Prepare rice according to directions (see below).
- Heat 4 Tablespoons of Ultra Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan.
- When oil is heated, place onion slices across the bottom of the skillet.
- Season pork chops with the garlic salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops over the onions and cover skillet with a lid.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Pour green salsa over pork chops and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Allow to simmer on LOW for about 20 minutes.
- NOTE: For more color, slice 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 a yellow bell pepper lengthwise in narrow slices. Place peppers in fry pan with onions and pork chops.
- Cover and reduce heat to LOW.
- Add rice, and stir with a fork. Bring to a boil again.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE RICE