Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Pork Chops with Port Wine-Plum Preserves Gravy
An Olive Oil Recipe
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup Port wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plum preserves, strained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in center cut or loin pork chops (about 1-3/4 lbs.)
- 1 Tablespoon Ultra Premium Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Boil the shallots, Port, and sugar in a medium saucepan until the mixture is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Add the broth, return to a boil and reduce again to 1/4 cup. Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the plum preserves, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook and additional 2 minutes. Cover and keep warm on lowest setting.
- Mix the coriander, garlic powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and rub the mixture over the pork on both sides.
- Heat the Arbosana EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the chops in a single layer and cook 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through and an instant read thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Serve each pork chop with some of the sauce spooned over the top.