- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4-6 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz. Brie cheese or 4 oz. Camembert cheese, softened and with rind removed
- 1-2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a large skillet, cook the onions, butter, brown sugar and Champagne Wine Vinegar over medium-low heat until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and cool to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11x8 rectangle. Spread softened Brie over pastry. Cover with cooked onions and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Roll up one long side to the middle of the dough and then roll up the other side so the two rolls meat in the center.
- Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slices to 1/4 inch thickness. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water together and brush the mixture over the slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.