- Powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 loaf Texas Toast (thick) bread
- Sugar to taste
- FRENCH TOAST
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- STUFFING MIX
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- Vermont Maple Balsamic Condimento
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs, milk, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and the salt with a whisk until fully blended. Dip bread into the mixture, thoroughly coating both sides.
- Thoroughly mix the cream cheese, canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice together for the stuffing before preparing French toast.
- Take two pieces of the French Toast and spread the stuffing mixture generously on the tops of both. Join both pieces together llike a sandwich and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Place the slices on a heated griddle or frying pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the "sandwich" with powdered sugar and drizzle the Vermont Maple Balsamic Condimento over the top and serve.
- Can be served as breakfast or as a delicious dessert item after a light meal.