- 2 cups (10 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (15oz) can unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (7 oz) granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed (7 oz) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter olive oil, or EVOO, like Manzanillo
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces at room temp
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice Balsamic
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 TB packed light brown sugar
- 2 TB flour
- 2 TB softened unsalted butter
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- Topping: Make the topping by mixing all topping ingredients in a bowl with fingers, until well combined. Will resemble wet sand. Set aside.
- Preheat: Heat oven to 350F with the rack in the lower-middle position. Grease two 8.5 x 4.5 nonstick loaf pans.
- Whisk: Whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Stir: Combine pumpkin puree, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat immediately. Stir in cream cheese until smooth and combined. Stir in sugar, brown sugar, oil, and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until mixture is smooth, without lumps.
- Combine: In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Pumpkin Spice Balsamic. Slowly add egg mixture to pumpkin mixture and whisk to combine. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until just combined (small lumps of flour are okay – do not over-mix!) Scrape batter into prepared pans.
- Bake: Sprinkle topping evenly over top of each loaf. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 45 minutes (actual bake time depends on loaf pans used and individual ovens.) Loaves are done when inserted toothpick comes out with just a few tender crumbs attached – do not bake until they come out completely clean.
- Cool: Let loaves cool in pans at room temp for at least 20 minutes. Use a sharp thin knife to carefully loosen edges. Remove from pans to finish cooling to room temp. Enjoy!