- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Hojiblanca or Manzanillo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced pepper (red or green)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño chiles
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa in the water and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the Hojiblanca or Manzanillo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro and scallions.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, bell peppers and chiles.
- Add the cooled quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.