Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Rachel Bradley’s Fijian Style Chicken Curry with Baklouti
An Olive Oil Recipe
- 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP finely grated ginger
- 2 TBSP sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 curry leaves (optional)
- 3 TBSP garam masala
- 1 TBSP turmeric
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP California Garlic Oil
- 3 TBSP Fused Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil (or UP EVOO of choice)
- 1 TBSP Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced serrano chilies (optional)
- Heat Baklouti Olive Oil in a large heavy bottom Dutch oven over medium flame. Add the mustard seed, cardamom, cumin seed to pot. Stir until fragrant and the seeds begin to pop. Add curry leaves if using. Add finely chopped onions and cook until well browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garam masala, turmeric and California Garlic Olive Oil to the pot, stiffing well until combined. Add chicken to the pot with tomatoes, stock, a cup of water, and honey ginger white balsamic. Add salt and pepper and allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes until the curry has reduced and thickened a bit.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice with cilantro and thinly sliced serrano chilies as garnish.