- Blood Orange Whipped Cream b>
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 6 large egg yolks
- 8 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Ultra Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dark Chocolate Pot de Crème b>
- 12 oz. high-quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- Immediately pour the custard over the olive oil and chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel. Blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the blender, as needed. Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 ramekins or cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Place the chocolate and olive oil in a blender. Whisk the half-and-half, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom and edge of the pot with a heatproof spoon or spatula so that the mixture does not burn. Continue to stir until the custard coats the spoon and almost begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream and Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil with the confectioner's sugar with a mixer or in the blender until soft peaks form. Top the chilled pots de crème with whipped cream before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.