- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Calfornia Garlic Olive Oil (you can substitute Chipotle Olive Oil, Baklouti Green Chili Oil, or Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar (optional) or any other melting cheese of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Set each potato into a large spoon and make thin slices across the potato, using the spoon as a guide so as not to cut all the way through the potato.
- Pour the olive oil into a large bowl or container. Toss the potatoes liberally in the olive oil, making sure to get in in between the slices. Arrange the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, making sure to season in between the slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown. If desired, remove the potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until fully tender and golden brown.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle with fresh chives for garnish, and serve with sour cream.