For the Salad:
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 cucumber, chopped (1½ cups)
- ½ red onion, diced (1/3 cup)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- One 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ chopped fresh herbs (mint, basil, and/or cilantro)
- ½ cup uncooked Pappaerdelle's Rainbow Orzo
- California Cuvee Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 packed cup arugula
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Athinolia extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the red pepper, mango, cucumber, red onion, garlic, chickpeas, herbs, salt, and several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions or until al dente. Drain, rinse and toss with a little olive oil, and set aside to cool to room temp before adding to the salad.
- To make Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, sweet paprika, salt, and pepper and stir. Add a few tablespoons of water until it's a drizzle-able consistency.
- Add the orzo, dressing, and arugula to the salad and toss to coat. Season to taste and top with pine nuts.