- 800 g (about 1.7 lbs) firm white fish (snapper, cod)
- 5-6 lemons, to make 120 mL lemon juice (about 8 TBSP)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 spring or green onions, chopped
- 200 mL coconut milk (about 6.7 oz)
- 4 TBSP lime oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce
- handful of fresh cilantro
- fresh chilies (optional)
- chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Chop fish into bite-sized pieces and cover with fresh lemon juice. Cover with lemon halves and refrigerate overnight in a glass bowl. Stir at least once.
- Remove and drain fish from the lemon juice and mix with other ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in some fresh lemon juice to coat. Season to taste. Serve slightly chilled over lettuce leaf sprinkled with fresh chilies, tomatoes and cilantro.