- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 20 mini potatoes, halved
- 28 oz. whole tomates
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut in 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon, Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil or any varietal olive oil such as Arbequina, Arbosana, or Manzanillo
- Make a roux using the pan drippings, beef broth and flour. Transfer the roux to the crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, crush the tomatoes with a potato masher and transfer the tomatoes and the juice into the crock pot.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and brown the meat. With a slotted spoon, lift the meat chunks into a crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the bay leaves) to the pot and stir well.
- Top with the bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.