20 minutes minutes
3 hours 35 minutes minutes
- 1 Turkey (10 - 15 lbs)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red Apple Balsamic Condimento
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 10 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced in half
- 4 springs rosemary
- Prepare the turkey by removing gizzards package (save to add to gravy), rinse the bird well and pat dry with paper towels, tie legs together with string)
- Place the turkey with the breast side up in the roasting pan.
- Place rosemary and some sliced apple inside the turkey.
- Drizzle with Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar and then sprinkle with salt.
- Wedge apple around roasting pan to prop the turkey up evenly.
- Place in oven on lowest rack.
- Roast at 325 degrees, for 15 minutes per pound.
- If the skin begins to brown too soon, cover with foil.
- Check the temperature with a meat thermometer deep into the thigh. At 175 degrees it is safely done.
- Remove from oven and let sit 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
- Use the drippings in the roasting pan to make gravy.