- 1 lb. Dry Kidney beans
- 1/4 cup California Cuvee Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of long-grain white rice
- Rinse beans and then soak in a large pot of water overnight.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery in olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse beans, and transfer to a large pot with 6 cups of water. Stir cooked vegetables into beans. Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir sausage into beans and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. In a saucepan bring 4 cups of water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve beans over steamed white rice.