- 1 cup chopped strawberries, fresh or frozen, plus more for garnish
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 Tablespoon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Balsamic Condimento
- a few drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Combine 2 cups of the water in a saucepan with the rhubarb, strawberries, quinoa, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook until the quinoa is tender, approximately 25 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, blend the rhubarb-strawberry mixture until very smooth. If desired, add a few drops of red food coloring to the mixture to give it a more appealing color. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon zest. Whisk cornstarch with the remaining 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Stir into the quinoa mixture, return to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Divide the pudding among 6 bowls. Refrigerate until cool.
- Just before serving, combine yogurt, the Strawberry Balsamic Condimento and fresh strawberries, if desired, and serve atop the pudding.