- 1-1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Five-inch sprig of fresh basil, washed and dried
- 1 clove fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Place the ingredients inside the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth in consistency. Adjust seasoning and store tightly in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- NOTE: With an aioli-like consistency but with no eggs, this spread is smooth and rich. Serve as a dip, slather it on toasted bread, spread it on grilled fish or use as a substitute for mayonnaise.