- 2 lbs. beets, leaves trimmed, with about 1 inch stem left
- Orange Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon Traditional Aged up to 18 Years Balsamic Condimento
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as dill or tarragon
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil Fused Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the beets and trim any roots. Pat dry, wrap in foil (several in each package) and place on a baking sheet. Roast until tender for about 1 hour. Open the foil and let the beets cool slightly.
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, mustard, herbs and shallots in a small bowl. Slowly pour in the oil and whisk until thoroughly blended. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a paper towel, rub the warm beets gently to remove the skins. Cut the beets into 1/4 inch slices and transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk the dressing once more and pour it over the beets and toss gently.
- Serve the beets at room temperature or chilled. Garnish as you like with fresh dill, tarragon or leeks (optional).