- 1 cup chopped medium fennel bulb (about 4 oz.)
- 1 cup Fused Fennel Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup skinned slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fennel fronds
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss fennel with a drizzle of oil and roast, stirring occasionally until softened and lightly browned (about 12 minutes)
- On another rimmed baking sheet, scatter the almonds in a single layer and bake, tossing occasionally, until lightly toasted (about 5 minutes).
- Let fennel and almonds cool slightly.
- In a food processor, pulse the roasted fennel with the fennel fronds, garlic, and 1/2 cup oil until a puree forms. Add almonds and 1/4 cup olive oil and pulse until pureed. Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, season with salt, and pulse quickly to combine. Use right away or refrigerate for up to 3 days.