- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, sliced in half lengthwise, then into 1/4 inch half moons
- 2 teaspoons Pendolino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Pendolino EVOO
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the squash slices on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with the Pendolino Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and toss to coat both sides. Roast for 20 minutes; then turn the slices over and roast for another 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and turn on the broiler. Place the pan under the broiler and cook for 2 minutes, until the squash begins to brown on the edges.
- While the squash is cooking, combine lime juice, honey or agave, Pendolino EVOO, salt and pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until the dressing is thoroughly blended. Taste, and adjust seasoning to your taste. The dressing should be more tart than sweet.
- When the squash is cooled, arrange the slices on a serving plate. Sprinkle the dried cranberries and pepitas all around and spoon the dressing over the top, using only as much as you need (save any extra vinaigrette for another recipe).