- 2 TBLSP Ultra Premium Galega EVOO or Ultra Premium Chiquitita EVOO
- 2 large yellow onions
- 2 celery stalks and 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 TBLSP instant espresso powder and 1 TBLSP Espresso Balsamic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 chipotle chili in adobe, seeded, minced
- 1 TLBSP adobo
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large poblano peppers, charred, steamed, seeded, peeled and diced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. canned black beans with liquid
- 15 oz. canned white beans with liquid
- 1 TBLSP soy sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup washed and sliced green onions plus 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, washed and minced
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Add celery, carrots, and minced garlic. Sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add espresso powder, Espresso Balsamic Condimento, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, chipotle chili, and adobo and cook for about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pot by adding the white wine and scaping the bottom of the pot to loosen bits stuck to bottom of pan.
- Add the chocolate, poblano peppers, tomatoes, black and white beans, water, and soy sauce. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes and then add the frozen corn. Cook for an additional 15 minutes and then remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with green onions and cilantro. Garnish with optional toppings such as sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt, grated sharp cheddar cheese, crumbled cotija cheese and sliced avocado.