- 1 medium head red cabbage, cored and sliced
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2-3 Tablespoons Juniper Berry Balsamic Condimento
- Wash the cabbage, core it, and slice into thin slices. In a Dutch oven toss cabbage, apples, and onions. Add water, vinegar, sugar, Organic Butter Olive Oil and salt.
- Place peppercorns, allspice, cloves, and bay leaf on a double thickness of cotton cheesecloth. Bring up the corners of the cloth and tie with cotton kitchen string to form a bag. Add to Dutch oven.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Discard spice bag. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cabbage mixture. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add Juniper Berry Balsamic Condimento and cook for 1 more minute.