- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 8 large dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small dried red chile with most seeds discarded
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Cobrancosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Cover the saucepan and remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender no more than halfway full. Cover and secure blender lid; pulse 2-3 times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Transfer salsa to serving bowl and stir in vinegar.