- 6 medium cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh, flat parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets or 2 Tablespoons anchovy paste
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil or mint or 2 Tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2/3 cup Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshy ground pepper to taste
- Place garlic in a small saucepan and cover with 1/2 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as water boils, drain and add 1/2 inch water and bring to boil again.
- Drain and rinse under cool water until cool enough to handle. Pell and coarsely chop.
- Place the garlic, parsley, anchovies, capers, basil (or mint or tarragon) and lemon zest in a food processor or blender. With the motor running, slowly add oil until just blended. The sauce should still have a little texture.
- Season with salt and pepper.