- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken stock, homemade or purchased, until just moist
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz. toasted sourdough bread cubes
- 4 oz. reduced fat pork breakfast sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Biancolilla EVOO.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped apple
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to the temperature you usually use to roast your turkey, typically 325-350 degrees.
- Combine chicken broth and eggs. Add toasted sourdough bread cubes.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet. Add the Biancolilla Olive Oil to pan. Add apple, celery and onions; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add sausage mixture, parsley, thyme leaves, pepper, and kosher salt to bread mixture.
- Stuff the bird and put the turkey in the oven to roast in your usual manner. Because the bird is stuffed, make sure the internal temperature of the bird reaches 165 degrees to ensure healthy cooking.
- Serve while still warm.