- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Kalamata Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb infused olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- chopped olives
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the egg, oil, oregano, salt, and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest 10 minutes before patting into a greased baking pan; set aside.
- Saute the onion in Tuscan herb oil until tender and spread evenly over dough. Sprinkle rosemary and salt over the top and cover. Add chopped olives if desired! Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Bake at 400° until lightly browned (about 25-30 minutes). Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.