- Jalapeno peppers to taste, either fresh or bottled
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast
- 1 (.78-oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 Tablespoons Chipotle Olive Oil
- 8 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Remove beef from cooking liquid and shred. Serve shredded beef in flour tortillas with shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeno peppers (sliced or whole).
- Put beef chunks in a low cooker and add salsa. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Heat a small amount of the Chipotle Olive Oil in a large frying pan. Add beef chunks and sear each piece on all sides.
- Cut roast into large chunks and rub the outside of the pieces with taco seasoning.