- 2 teaspoons Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 16 medium shrimp, uncooked, cleaned, deveined and cut length-wise
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 8 6-inch Vietnamese rice paper spring roll sheets
- 4 small Bibb lettuce leaves, halved
- 1/2 cup green onions, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons mint, minced
- Heat Cilantro and Roasted Onion olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger. Saute until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cilantro. Saute until shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour hot water into large bowl. Using tongs, dip 1 spring-roll sheet in water for 5 seconds. Remove from water. Place on wet towel. Let stand 30 seconds (spring-roll sheet should be soft and pliable. If still still, sprinkle with more water.
- Place half of lettuce leaf across top third of spring-roll sheet. Arrange 4 shrimp halves on lettuce.
- Top with 1 tablespoon each of green onions, carrots and cucumber. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon mint over filling.
- Starting on filled side, roll into cylinder, tucking in sides as you roll.
- Place on plate. Repeat with remaining spring-roll sheets, lettuce, shrimp, green onions, cucumber, carrots and mint.
- Can be refrigerated with wet lettuce leaves between rolls to keep them from sticking together. Serve with dipping sauce.