- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Hojiblanca EVOO
- 1 16 oz. package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves or spinach
- One 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- One 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Hojiblanca EVOO in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and the onion to the pan and cook, stirring over medium heat, for two minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4-6 minutes.
- Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring until leaves begin to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and sauce begins to bubble, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: Shelf-stable gnocchi can be found near the pasta in the Italian section of supermarkets.