- 8 oz. gluten-free penne pasta or whole-wheat penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs, trimmed of fat if necessary, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice, and zest. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove chicken mixture from the heat. Stir in the spinach and the cooked penne pasta. Cover and let stand until the spinach is just wilted. Divide among 4 plates and top each serving with 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan.