- 3-1/4 lb. pork shoulder (Boston Butt), boneless and trimmed into 3 equal pieces
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 sage sprigs
- 4 tablespoons Organic Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, divided
- 8 shallots, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 cups black grapes, seedless
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour over pork and serve.
- Remove herb sprigs from pot and skim fat from surface of cooking liquid. Boil cooking liquid over high heat until thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to platter. Tent with foil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large oven-proof pot over medium-high heat. Add pork to pot and cook until browned on all sides, about 13 minutes total. Transfer pork to plate, discard fat in pot.
- Using tongs, turn pork over and continue braising until meat is very tender, about 45 minutes longer.
- Bring to boil. Cover pot and transfer to oven. Braise pork 1 hour.
- Add broth, all herb sprigs, and pork with juices from plate.
- Add vinegar; bring mixture to boil and cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar; saute 30 seconds.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same pot over medium heat. Add shallots and grapes and saute until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.