- 5-7 pound bone in pork shoulder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Two 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 cups white wine
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 inch sprig fresh rosemary, leaves stripped
- 3 tablespoons Hojiblanca EVOO
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Rub the entire pork shoulder with a tablespoon of Hojiblanca oil, season the entire surface area liberally with salt and freshly ground pepper and place in the roasting pan, fat side up.
- Arrange the vegetables around the roast in the pan, drizzle and toss with another tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the shoulder and vegetables uncovered at 450 for 20 minutes until the vegetables begin to take color and the pork roast is browned.
- Reduce the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, wine, a tablespoon of the Ultra Premium Hojiblanca, and the rosemary leaves. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the roast and vegetables in the pan.
- With heavy duty foil, tightly seal the roasting pan and roast at 350 for five hours.