- 5 medium sized yams
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the yams
- Peel, then slice the yams in 1/2 inch thick rounds
- Place the yam slices in a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Heat the Butter Olive Oil over low heat. Sprinkle in the white and brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground clove.
- Turn off the stove, mix the ingredients, and then add in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the candied mixture over the yams, and try to coat all sides of the yam slices with the mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake the yams in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the yams from the oven, and baste them with the candied mixture.
- Cover the yams and bake them for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the yams from the oven and let them sit for about 10 minutes before serving.