- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cleaned and sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2-1/4 lbs. sweet potatoes (orange variety), peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb. russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 to 1-1/2 lbs. tart apples (such as Granny Smith or Braeburn), peeled, cored and diced
- 2 quarts vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Red Apple Balsamic Condimento to taste
- Chili powder or chipotle chili powder for garnish (optional)
- Heat the Organic Butter Olive Oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the ginger and stir together for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, apples and vegetable or chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes, until all the ingredients are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until very smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, use a regular blender and puree the ingredients in small batches. Return the pureed soup to the pot, heat through, and add more salt, if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, pour a little Red Apple Balsamic Condimento into soup, to taste, and sprinkle a little chili powder on top, as desired.
- Serve immediately.