- 1/2 lb. dried lentils
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons California Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, minced
- Place the lentils in a sieve and rinse them under running water. Then pour them into boiling water, covering them by 2 inches. Simmer lentils for 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Add the cooked lentils, garlic, tomatoes, and jalapenos and toss together gently. Let the lentil mix sit for about 30 minutes before serving.