- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- 1/2 cup parsley, packed
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice (fresh, if possible)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- Don Carlo Extra Virgin Olive Oil for grilling
- Combine all the ingredients except the chicken breasts in a blender or food processor. Blend until pureed.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken breasts with half the salsa mixture, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Heat a stove top grill pan over medium heat and grease with Don Carlo Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 5-7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through, depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- When cooked through, remove from grill pan and spoon the remaining salsa over the top of each chicken breast.
- Serve with a lime wedge and garnish with cilantro.