- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup bonito flakes (flakes of dried, smoked bonito tuna)
- 1 piece (4-inch) dashi kombu (dried kelp)
- 1/2 package tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried wakame (brown seaweed)
- 3 Tablespoons miso paste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Chipotle Olive Oil
- Heat water in a large pot over low heat. Add dashi kombu and cook until the mixture begins to simmer. Stir in the bonito flakes until well combined with kombu. Remove from heat and let dashi and bonito flake mixture sit, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Heat 3-1/2 cups dashi in a pot over medium heat. Add the tofu and wakame, stir to combine. Remove 1 cup warmed dashi to a small bowl and whisk in misto paste. Pour miso mixture back into the pot with remaining dashi. Stir until soup is warmed through.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onions. For an extra taste kick, add the chopped jalapeno, and the Chipotle Olive Oil.