- 3/4 lb. small, tender okra
- 1/4 cup Ultra Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece (1-inch) ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch broccoli rabe
- juice of one lemon
- Dice onion, dice garlic, peel the ginger piece, and grate it. Juice the lemon.
- Trim tops and bottom tip of each okra piece and discard the trimmings. Cut the remaining body of each into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat the Ultra Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add okra pieces and toss to coat.
- Add the diced onion to the okra. Continue to toss the onion and okra every minute or so to evenly distribute and brown.
- After the okra has been cooking for about 10 minutes, add grated ginger, diced garlic and cumin seeds to the pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Trim the woody ends from the broccoli rabe and discard. Cut the remaining stems and leafy greens into 1-inch pieces. Add the broccoli rabe to the okra mixture along with salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently, until the broccoli rabe is tender.
- Add the lemon juice, extra salt and pepper if needed. Delicious with rice and grilled meat.